Hours of Operation:
|Monday - Friday||8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. & 4:40 p.m. - 8:40 p.m.* summer closes 7:40pm|
|Saturday||8:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||* closed Sundays until October|
RELAX-we'll take care of the Kids
YMCA ChildWatch-free babysitting while you work out.
We offer a fun and stimulating environment for your 6 month old - 12 year old while you work out. Age-appropriate play areas and 2-3 caregivers at all times.
ChildWatch features the Wii interactive gaming system, computers & homework stations, art & craft area, infant/toddler zone, and parent pagers.
Free ChildWatch is for YMCA full facility members only, parents must remain in building at all times.
for 8-12 year olds...
Older children have the option of using the new Youth and Teen Health and Wellness Center for ChildWatch. The hours for the new center are:
5:00 PM -7:00 PM Monday-Thursday
The new center features an interactive gaming Exercade with age-appropriate cardio equipment, Wii games and more. Parents will need to sign children into the center and sign them out.
IMPORTANT Policy and information
- ChildWatch is available to full YMCA Facility members only. Program members or Unlimited Fitness members may not use ChildWatch
- Members may not use ChildWatch for children that are not under their legal guardianship
- Parents are the only people allowed to check children into ChildWatch, ChildWatch is not open to members caring for someone else's children.
- The same parent must sign each child in and out daily.
- If pagers are lost or broken a $50 fee will be charged to the member.
- ChildWatch has a 1.5 hour time limit, if pages are not answered promptly parents will be charged a late fee.
- Reciprocal YMCA members may not use ChildWatch from January-May 1st.
- Children that are visibly ill will not be allowed in ChildWatch.
Good to know...
Parents may leave children in ChildWatch for 1.5 hours. If you would like extra time to shower or finish a workout, you must check in with staff after 90 minutes and request more time. There are phones located in the locker rooms for your convenience. If there is a wait list and your child has been checked in for 1.5 hours, you will be asked to pick your child up immediately. It is recommended that new children have some transition time with a parent in ChildWatch before the parent leaves for the first time. Please pick up a copy of our code of conduct on your first visit! If your child has any special needs, please discuss with staff so that we can better serve the needs of your family.
Caregivers do not change diapers in Childwatch, please make sure that your child is checked in wearing a clean diaper. No food, snacks or drinks are allowed, if your child is thirsty a caregiver may provide them with water. There is a diaper changing station and child bathroom for parent convenience located in the Childwatch room as well as 2 handwashing sinks. There are no nap areas/beds in ChildWatch, if your child may get tired please leave a carseat or reclining stroller for them to nap in. Parents will be held responsible for broken toys and lost or broken parent pagers.
Contact Chelsea if you have any questions