Free DIGE Trainings
We invite all Y communities to take this journey with us and begin to unpack what it means to be an anti-racist. We know that the first step includes unlearning previous notions and educating ourselves as individuals committed to this journey. We encourage you to begin your individual anti-racism educational journey with us by diving deep into understanding racism from its origins to its impact on society today.
Please CLICK HERE to read a powerful statement from our National President, Kevin Washington.
To learn more about our efforts regarding advancing our Anti-Racism Journey in the YMCA Movement, please CLICK HERE.
Looking for ways to talk to your family and friends about racism? Here are some resources to help you:
- Anti-Racism Activities for Kids – CLICK HERE
- Let’s Talk! A Guide from Teaching Tolerance – CLICK HERE
- A list of resources from PBS on how to talk to your kids about anti-racism – CLICK HERE
- Teaching Ideas for Classroom Conversation on Race – CLICK HERE
- Resource List – Center for Racial Justice in Education – CLICK HER
- Understanding racism and inequality in America – CLICK HERE.
- Anti-Racism Resources from the Y-USA African American CEOs – CLICK HERE